Please call us today on 03330 147149 for a FREE no obligation fire assessment review

You need a suitable and sufficient Fire Risk Assessment if you are…

  • Responsible for business premises
  • An employer or self-employed with business premises that contains, or can contain, five or more occupants at any one time
  • Responsible for a part of a dwelling where that part is solely used for business
  • A charity of voluntary organisation
  • A contractor with a degree of control over premises
  • Providing accommodation for paying guests or tenants

The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 is now over 10 years old. There is no excuse for employers, managers and/or people in positions of responsibility not to be aware of their roles and responsibilities in line with this legislation.

Most businesses and organisations will have carried out some sort of fire risk assessment, or even sourced a third party provider to conduct this on their behalf, but these are still not always reviewed at regular intervals which is outlined in the RRFSO.

The Order states that a fire risk assessment should be carried out at regular intervals – of which annually is a great start point – or when significant structural work is carried out, renovations occur, or if there are major changes within the workforce.




UKFRAS is full member of the Fire Industry Association (FIA) and is a member of the British Safety Council (member number S0417749-CH659BF). Each individual assessor is a registered member of the Institute of Fire Protection Officers (IFPO). All employees are vetted on an annual basis under the DBS system and carry certification and ID.

We do not do sell or recommend fire safety products ensuring our fire risk assessors provide independent and reliable fire risk assessment.

We provide a manual in both printed and electronic format for client reference and to satisfy insurers.


Yes it should be tested once per month to ensure that it is working and the findings of the test recorded in a fire log book. It should also be tested once a year by a competent person.

You should test your alarm once per week, testing a different call pint each time. The result of this test should be recorded. We have a free downloadable log book to record these findings if you need somewhere to record it. Your alarm must be tested twice per year by a competent alarm engineer.

Yes. You must protect yourself and anyone else in the vicinity of your business from fire. To do this you must assess the risks and make general fire precautions.

You are not required, however, to record the findings of your assessment unless you employ five or more people; hold a license issued by another authority, or; are told to do so by the Fire Authority in a Notice.

More information about fire risk assessments