The RRFSO 2005 is the fire safety legislation for all commercial premises. Schools and nurseries also fall into this bracket and are often (but not always) the most heavily populated buildings. This means they often have the greatest number of people at risk – not only that, the majority of those are children.
- Depending on the age of the pupils, schools can be populated with what can be considered “vulnerable persons”. Our assessors take children and their potential vulnerability into consideration and their findings and recommendations will ensure the safety of them at all times
- Most schools are multi-storey so we can help ensure their evacuation plan is suitable and takes this into consideration
- Within our diverse portfolio we already have a large number of schools and nurseries so our experience with this group of clientèle is vast
- Generally, the findings in schools tend to be consistent from school-to-school so we’re well versed and trained in what to look out for
DBS AND QUALIFIED TRAINERS
- Our assessors are all DBS vetted
- Schools are often have a large population within them at any one time, and as such require a sufficient number of trained Fire Marshals to control and facilitate an evacuation. We have a number of qualified trainers that can deliver Fire Marshal training courses for up to 12 people at a time
If you have any questions or queries relating to fire safety in schools or nurseries, if you’d like more information about our expertise in these buildings, or you would like to obtain a quote and / or schedule an appointment, please feel free to Contact Us.