You need a suitable and sufficient Fire Risk Assessment if you are…
- Responsible for business premises
- An employer or self-employed with business premises that contains, or can contain, five or more occupants at any one time
- Responsible for a part of a dwelling where that part is solely used for business
- A charity of voluntary organisation
- A contractor with a degree of control over premises
- Providing accomodation for paying guests or tenants
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 is now over 10 years old. There is no excuse for employers, managers and/or people in positions of responsibility not to be aware of their roles and responsibilities in line with this legislation.
Most businesses and organisations will have carried out some sort of fire risk assessment, or even sourced a third party provider to conduct this on their behalf, but these are still not always reviewed at regular intervals which is outlined in the RRFSO.
The Order states that a fire risk assessment should be carried out at regular intervals – of which annually is a great start point – or when significant structural work is carried out, renovations occur, or if there are major changes within the workforce.
WHY CHOOSE US?
UKFRAS is full member of the Fire Industry Association (FIA) and is a member of the British Safety Council (member number S0417749-CH659BF). Each individual assessor is a registered member of the Institute of Fire Protection Officers (IFPO). All employees are vetted on an annual basis under the DBS system and carry certification and ID.
We do not do sell or recommend fire safety products ensuring our fire risk assessors provide independent and reliable fire risk assessment.
We provide a manual in both printed and electronic format for client reference and to satisfy insurers.